View Single Post
Unread 08/20/2009, 06:55 PM   #118
jason2459
Registered Member

Well, using the ozone really helped my skimmer work better then it did before not using it. I was starting to get some good skimmate without much of a bioload at all. In fact since using the air stone the skimmer has worked even better. Started about two weeks ago with some light to dark tea with the skimmer running wet. About a week ago adding the air stone it went completely black with thick film forming.

The past few days though it's turned a really dark green and the water in the tank is super polished looking. I think the GHA is starting to kill itself and the ozone is kicking in to polish the water even though the ORP keeps dropping again after peaking a week or so ago up in the 200's. The GHA is also starting to look brownish. I'm not sure what it's suppose to look like when it dies off. I'm also seeing more and more strands in the water column.

7:30p Quick Probe Tests

Temp: 80.3
pH: 8.19
ORP: 114

You can check out my parameters at reeftronics dot net website and look for my username.

Current Tank Info: 180g mixed reef w/ a beananimal overflow to a dolomite RRUGF. | 20g long G. Smithii Mantis Tank
jason2459 is offline   Reply With Quote