View Single Post
Unread 07/22/2015, 01:29 PM   #1342
Quiet_Ivy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinkimpel View Post
Figured I'd jump on this post. Have a bad case of it,

things I've tried:

Sucking out all of the sand and going BB ---- No effect dinos cover glass bottom same as if it were sand.

Currently trying blackout treatment ---- On day 2 dinos still there but not growing, will suck all of them out after 4 day blackout and see what happens.

Going to install a sump on Saturday with a new eshopps skimmer and attach a coralife UV sterilizer to the return line and see if it does any damage.

Will keep updated.
I've been doing repeated 3 day blackouts. No effect until this current one, which was attempt 4. They're not gone by any means, but it knocked them back. Oddly enough the cyano is a lot worse.

I went to salt water from fresh to experience managing an ecosystem..this is NOT what I meant. Stupid learning experiences, lol

ivy

Current Tank Info: 28g aio, 105 watt CF lights, no sump or skimmer. 2 sexy shrimp, tiny frogspawn, tiny toadstool, tiny lps. Started Feb '15
Quiet_Ivy is offline   Reply With Quote