View Single Post
Unread 05/09/2012, 10:02 PM   #88
C5flyboy
Registered Member

So here is this afternoons events: Got all the LEDs wired up (found out my soldering skills are pretty terrible at best ). Opened up all the drivers and turned them all the way down. Didn't get them set to the right output cause my multi meter has seemed to walk away. I connected all the wires to the 4 channels on the Typhoon controller and wanted to see if the lights would even turn on(I know, probably not the smartest thing to do. Remember Nick I'm not good with electricity) Anyway I turned everything on and thought I selected manual mode but selected all on instead..Oops! I got everything turned off and selected manual mode and turned it up to 10% and nothing except a quick flash. Went to 11% and one channel lit up. At about 13 % another channel kicked in. At 20% the third and fourth channels kicked. The manual mode runs all four channels at the same time.
At this point I decided to run them up a bit and slowly went to 50%. I noticed two lights weren't working (each on different channels). I wanted to see how bright the lights would get so slowly started ramping them up some more and at about the 70ish% range one of the channels started to flash so I brought them back down and I stopped. I wanted to test this so I turned them back up and on of the other channels flashed so I turned them off and stopped for the night.
My questions are do any of you know what (other than my great electrical skills) is causing the flashing? and on the controller there are two sets of four channels: One is 0-10V and the other is 0-5V. I was plugged into the 0-10V, should I have been plugged in to the 0-5Vchannel set instead?

C5flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote