View Single Post
Unread 09/12/2017, 04:33 PM   #414
Wally.B
Registered Member

ICH SHIELD (Treatment) Started

So I brought the Medicated New Life Spectrum Ick Sheild Pellets home.

It they work it will be worth every Penny.
Actually to be mathematically correct 46,000 Pennies after Tax.

The Jar is pretty fancy looking.

But I didn't pay for the jar.

Lots of interesting Ingredients you don't normally see in Fish Food (I highlighted a few that caught my attention):

Ingredients: Whole Antarctic Krill, Garlic, Whole Wheat Flour, Omega-3 Fish Oil, Spirulina, Chlorella Algae,
Ulva Seaweed, Ginger, Ginseng, Onion, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Cardamom, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement
Niacin, Folic Acid, Biotin, Thiamine Hydrochloride,Riboflavin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Calcium Pantothenate, , L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate Vitamin C)
Choline Chloride, Ethylenediamine Dihydroiodide, Cobalt Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, and Manganese Sulfate.
Active Ingredients: I,4-Pentanediamine, N4-(7-chloro-4-quinolinyl)-NI,NI-diethyl

The instruction are pretty clear this is not for Corals, Anemones, etc.

I turned off all circulation to ensure no pellet scattering.
I have to drop more than one Pellet to get Tangs attention.

The GOOD NEWS is the Power Tang ate a bunch right way!!!

The other Kind of Good News is a couple Pellets got by, and the fell on the Green Paly's right under the feeding station (I have not way to avoid this without risking other areas where LPS Corals, Acans, Richordia's or High End Zoa's are)
Will be interesting to see what happens to the Green Palys.
I would like to get rid of them in certain areas.
Could be two birds with one stone. We'll see how they react. They didn't go after the pellet like other food, but they eventually closed up (and trapped the loose pellet )

The Bad News is Chromis Fish are not interested. Not sure about the Algae Blenny since he wasn't around (He's a pig and will eat anything)..
Cleaner Shrimp took one.

Hunger will change the Chromis eating issue. Nothing will be fed except a few sparse pellets, twice a day.

Last edited by Wally.B; 09/12/2017 at 04:54 PM.
Wally.B is offline   Reply With Quote