View Single Post
Unread 11/09/2017, 01:09 PM   #5
JohnZena
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyLong View Post
For powerheads, I personally like the Gyre. With a 6 foot tank, I need 2 of the IceCap Gyre 3k in there, and I have ZERO dead spots, and I can mount them horizontally on the back, side by side- or vertically on each end, aimed towards each other with slight differences in angle, which creates a nice random turbulence in the middle.

For lighting, I'm a fan of LED. I have a 4-panel DSunY setup, and so far, it's more than enough. I haven't attempted any clams or SPS, but I have a RBTA that is doing AMAZING. I bought it from a LFS, and it was looking pretty "meh," but after a few months in my tank catching bits and pieces of my Reef Frenzy broadcast feedings and lights (even through my salty glass tops) it's happy as a.... clam?

I prefer internal boxes, but only because I've never actually seen an external that wasn't a siphon box.

A 40g breeder seems to be a great go-to sump size, but of course if you have room for more underneath, why not? The solution to pollution is dilution.
The solution to polution is dilution. That is priceless. I love it. I use Jebao's gyre version. Cost being the reason. Up to now I am very happy with it. With what Murphy said the larger the sump the better. I have a 55gallon sump with a 75 gallon display and a 20 gallon display refugium. I absolutely fell in love with all the varieties of macroalgaes. One thing that you didnt mention was your RO system. Critical IMHO.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

JohnZena is offline   Reply With Quote