View Single Post
Unread 05/10/2009, 12:26 PM   #68
xJake
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Insane Reefer
boy, this speaks volumes- have you read EVERY scientific writeup about fish that there is??? Atheists never get away with that argument, lol...

So what were you doing, Jake? You were telling us all that he was wrong, based on the "fact" that you hadn't heard of any of it or didn't buy into it and that he didn't provide any sources for his info. And you now admit you were wrong about parts of that other guys post.

Were are your facts?
Were are the links to your info?
First of all, I'm going to ignore the fact, for the sake of time, that you decided to bring religion into the conversation. It's entirely inappropriate for these forums, and you should really reconsider what you are posting before making a post. If I were to say something negative about Christianity, or theism in general, then I'm sure there would be a huge uproar. So, please show some dignity on these forums and refrain from using religion, or lack thereof, as fodder for your arguments. Chances are, if you feel the need to shrink the font size to make a comment less noticeable, then it's probably not a good idea to be posting it in the first place.

Back to the topic at hand...

I was NOT saying he was WRONG. I was saying that his claims are not supported with evidence, which means they COULD BE wrong. "Could be" meaning that they COULD BE absolutely 100% correct, but no one can really know, because he has no evidence to show otherwise. I admitted I was wrong on part of my argument, because I was. You thoroughly demonstrated that through the source you posted, which is exactly my point. The OP didn't post any sources, he simply makes claims without any hard evidence to back up their legitimacy.

If you are familiar with anything regarding the concept of "proof" then you should realize that it is up to the person making the positive claim to provide evidence of his/her claims. I can poke all the holes I want to in his argument without a shred of evidence. I don't need evidence, because I'm not claiming anything other than he hasn't provided sufficient evidence. Basically, I'm using the fact that he has given no evidence, as evidence for why my argument holds clout.

Last edited by xJake; 05/10/2009 at 12:35 PM.
xJake is offline   Reply With Quote