View Single Post
Unread 01/20/2018, 10:00 AM   #1
FiveGallonSea
Registered Member

Trying to understand the demise of my euphyllia. Pictures.

Hey reefers,

Truly puzzled here. I started a 91 gallon (Red Sea Reefer 350) May of last year and packed it with euphyllia which is my favorite coral. This tank was absolutlely beautiful and thriving as you see below with enormous extension throughout the day of all my corals. It's like a switch flipped and one by one all my LPS started shrinking back into their skeleton and dying. I've lost everything in the picture below. Hundreds of dollars.

I've purchased some more frogspawn and torches and they are doing ok, but I don't get any kind of extension throughout the day or anything like I did before. No major changes happened here.

The only slight change I can think of is that I was doing a lot of water changes initially thinking that's the only way I can keep good water, but I now slowed it down to every 2-3 weeks because my parameters are all in check. Salinity is 1.026.

Never checked mag or calcium. I just ordered Salifert tests today to try and understand what happened here?

Imagine my disappointment when literally all the euphyllia I had below is gone now...

FiveGallonSea is offline   Reply With Quote