View Single Post
Unread 01/10/2014, 02:32 PM   #82
Thales
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allmost View Post
well it is fine. but you arent really advocating the best practice to keep these animals. ...
What best practice?

Quote:
as you mentioned "I am also not sure how much I care about growth speed. If it ends up being a little slower, it just means less work for me. "
which is totally fine, but how about me who rathers work on my reef than watch TV ? it is wrong for me to lower my po4, get more growth, and keep my animals happier ? [or rather lock myself in the fish room and change water then to argue with ze GF haha]
Nope! I also don't think the corals growth has slowed even with the po4 level.

Quote:
I completely agree with your method though. alot less work, and more stable then my reef

but good point and good thread, I personally enjoyed it. I dislike how ppl have Issues iwth their system, come on the net, post the values from API test kit, and ppl respond with po4 is high, or no3 is high ... your tank and this thread shows that keeping SPS relatively happy and colorfull, is not about chasing numbers. its about the stability of the system, and perhaps other points which you are going to share with us and teach us about
Thanks! We'll see!

Current Tank Info: 150 mixed reef with a 180 remote sump • 250 gallon fish breeding system • 200 gallon cephalopod breeding system • 212,000 gallon reef tank at work
Thales is offline   Reply With Quote