View Single Post
Unread 05/21/2012, 10:13 PM   #389
r-balljunkie
Registered Reefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rehab View Post
Man it is so nice, thanks for sharing those awesome vids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rehab View Post
Was that a black tang I see at the end of the last vid?
NP, glad you liked them. now, not a black tang, in the sense, of ooh aah, super rare, rather a Zebrasoma scopas tang. Nevertheless, a beautiful fish. I have one in my aquarium.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanview76 View Post
-Thank you very much. I can't imagine a nicer way to eject from the rat race in the Northeast.
Aaah, yes. I think I'm going to have a hard time readjusting back into society after wearing shorts and sandals for the last two years. I think it will be bittersweet once we are on the plane, buckled in our seat ready for take off, when we finally do depart the island for good. There’s an old saying in the Army, your best duty station, was your last duty station. If translated into civilian life, I think its going to be the appropriate sentiments when we remember back on everything. Hellova an adventure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johanv View Post
Any updates? Hope the trip went well
Quote:
Originally Posted by frugalreefer View Post
Thanks for posting up the videos. I only wish there were more
Asketh and you shall receiveth.

Wow,

You guys are a bunch of suckers. You’ve been getting ripped off on photo quality for over a year!!!!

OK, OK. I think I found the problem. White balance is your friend when it comes to underwater photography. I think my diving skills have greatly improved and I'm able to think more coherently and have a greater comfort level manipulating buttons. I guess that comes with diving every weekend for over a year and a half?

Perhaps. I think ive graduated from the Auto-underwater setting, to being comfortable enough to shoot in manual mode. All I can say is wow, much much better image representation(s).

I’ve been back from Pohnpei for a couple of weeks now, getting back settled in to the normal routine. I have to say, not too impressed with the diving in Pohnpei. It was nice, but I'm spoiled rotten (Daddy, Daddy, you only got me a 5 series beamer for my 16th birthday!!! I hate you).

The scenery in Pohnpei was phenomenal, the hospitality and people were spot on. It was a really nice getaway for us.

I think the waterfalls, and swimming with the manta rays was the highlight of the trip. I posted some pics in the scuba diving forum, didn’t want to further muddle this thread…even though it can be argued its already muddled.

Back to now…..we’ve been kooked up for the last 6 days, straight raining. I think everyone was chomping at the bit to get wet, and all the boats were gone, or in need of repair. We did a couple of simple walk in dives, which is rare for the group I run with, we like to go ocean side for the more adventurous stuff. I have to say, what a nice treat. I’ve had a couple of bad walk-in dives, due to my poor underwater navigation skills, which ended with a load of swimming back to shore. We had an expert navigator this go around, who was amazing at getting us from location to location.

As you can see from the pics, the visibility was bad, tons of run off in the water, high particulates.

Keep an eye out for zoanthids in the pictures……tons of zoa’s, which are hard to spot if you don’t have a good eye for them.

Ill post some video later on.

Enjoy the pics.

Last edited by r-balljunkie; 05/21/2012 at 10:23 PM.
r-balljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote