View Single Post
Unread 04/13/2014, 11:35 AM   #9
deeznutz1
Registered Member

So back to the drawing board, literally. This time, I had a better idea of our needs. I remembered when we were designing our kitchen, we were going to
do an island with legs on one end. We didnt go this route due to the decrease in storage. So I've decided to use it in my stand design.

Design 2.0

In this design I eliminated the center-less post issue. I've also added a lot of storage and the drains will be concealed within the stand.

So after mulling over the design for a few days, I've come up with the final design. Moving a few things around and this is it. Finally getting built as I type.

Stand design 2.1

The only difference from these pics to the actual stand is I had to move the center door over a bit more to house the drains properly.

Seen here design 2.1.1

So there it is finally got a design that pleased myself and the my lovely wife. Now I just hope the final product will meet our vision.

I also wanted to add that the tank will sit directly on top of the stand without a recessed area for the foam. You'll also notice that there tank will have a 3" ledge that surrounds the tank. I'm anticipating to trim out the ledge with the same quartz found in out kitchen.

Anyways, that's all for now. Any suggestions or recommendations? Please share before it's too late

-dan

Current Tank Info: 150 peninsula SPS dominated
deeznutz1 is offline   Reply With Quote