View Single Post
Unread 03/28/2016, 05:08 PM   #27
d2mini
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CafeReef View Post
I'm not certain I can manage to follow another Dennis build....I only have so much I can be impressed with....

don't listen to that, I'm just complaining and will just live vicariously through your build

Excited to see where this one takes you. TBS again? I would hope so.
Yes, as you can see above, Richard is always excited to see another d2mini build thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by morpheas View Post
Hey Dennis, did you buy the water storage containers locally? I live in Houston and I've been looking around for a place with different sizes...

BTW, are you thinking of drilling the wall and running plumbing inside or is it going to be a bucket endeavor?
If you want vertical tanks like these, go to Tank Depot on 1-10 east out near Federal. If you want horizontal tanks like I used in my last build, go to Tractor Supply on I-10 west out in Katy at FM 1463.

1/4" water lines can be run from the storage tanks, through the wall to the aquarium stand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sde1500 View Post
Oh look another d2mini build to follow and make me my tank feel inadequate haha. Can't wait to see it take shape!
lol, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-man View Post
Nice. Beautiful place. I'm sure the tank will fit nicely
Thank you.
The only thing I don't like about this spot is that one side will be pretty much blocked from viewing. But if I was to pull it out and shift it to the left, it will be more directly in front of the TV which will probably cause glare. I may push it over there and make a final decision once it arrives, but right now I think the current location picked out is going to be my best bet.

Elos Diamond 120xl | Elos Stand | Radion G4 Pros | GHL Profilux Controller | LifeReef Skimmer | LifeReef Sump
Photos taken with a Nikon D750 or Leica M.
d2mini is offline   Reply With Quote