View Single Post
Unread 01/10/2017, 06:15 PM   #9250
DamonG
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karimwassef View Post
Surprised no one is asking about carrying 50A of current into the LED frame and the cooling for that... maybe that's a better discussion for the DIY forums.
Not really.. At least I am interested.. As a person that runs both scrubber and a tub(40 gallon lit by 600 watts of led), I don't register N, but I do P.. I'd like to eliminate any form of phosphate unnatural control(gfo), etc.. I grow cheato in my tub right now, and I have noticed over time, like yourself, that no algea at all grows in the reef at all. Which I never had before.. I'm only using blue and red led on the tub, and have the option of turning the white on, but haven't as of yet.

Also, over the last two months of having it, I have grown hair algea, on the sides, but.. I have a Jebao powerhead in there creating flow, since the water flows slow through it via the manifold..

But, I noticed also, that my pods haven't grown and multiplied like it did in the fuge with less flow(i saw more pods before adding the powerhead by far, and I still see more in the fuge that has the scrubber). So I have considered your approach also, and just making it, what it seems, like a settling tank that you see in the water processing plants.. And letting the silt grow.. It will take time of course, but I'm willing to try it simply because I have everything already in place.. And with your results, it's making me seriously wonder if I could realistically create a self sustained system.. But I was worried that having that show flow through it might cause other problems possibly.. I also have the output of my calcium reactor going into the tub, for any possible excess Co2 to be pulled in by the algea in there..

So I am interested in anything you could give input on.. Any at all.. And I have pictures of the tub also..

From note 5

DamonG is offline   Reply With Quote