View Single Post
Unread 02/09/2018, 01:46 AM   #426
tkeracer619
Registered Member

Cleaning Up a Bit...

Things are starting to fall back in place and something I need to focus more on as I do some of the final touches to everything is usability and organization. My goal tonight was to clean up the two shelves above the shop sink.

Top shelf is for testing and medication. Bottom shelf is for media, fragging supplies, dosing stuff, and misc things I'll be using daily.

Both

Top Shelf

The top shelf contains...
Salifert dKH, Ca, Mg, Ph, NO2, and NO3 test kits.
API Ammonia test kit.
Seachem Copper test kit.
Hanna 736ulr Phosphorus Checker /w (3) 25packs of reagents.
Hanna 761ulr Total Chlorine Checker /w (2) 25packs of reagents.
Spectrapure CO2 test Kit.
Jungle Buddies Ammonia test strips.
2x Refractometers w/ Calibration Solution.
Spare Floaty Thermometer.
Spare PH Probe w/ Calibration Reference Solutions.
Digital mg Scale.
Various extra syringes, measuring devices, and a pipette.

Formalin
PraziPro
Powdered Praziquantel
Chloroquine Phosphate
Methyelne Blue
Malachite green
Fluconazole
Ciprofloxacin
Maracyn Two
KanaPlex
MetroPlex
Focus
Cupramine
Prime

The bottom shelf contains...
Kalwasser
Phosguard
GFO
Lanthinum Chloride
Baking Soda
Vinegar
Potassium Nitrate
Ammonia
Some flake food
and a spare MP40wes wet side.

I'll be adding more stuff as I need it. A lot of my additives are in bulk 5gal buckets such as mag chloride, mag sulfate, calcium chloride, carbon, ARM CaRx Media, and boxes of salt. This stuff is mostly kept across the hall in the mechanical room.

One goal for this weekend is to get the additional circuits wired to the breaker panel. The original 15amp circuit for this room tripped tonight. I knew I was getting close to maxing the circuit out but thought I was still in the safe zone. That breaker was pretty hot. I offloaded about 500watts to another circuit in the meantime.

I designed the room such that the display, the frag tanks,and the QT/BTA tank systems would have independent 20a circuits as well access to the original 15a circuit for redundancy. I have been kicking the can down the road on this for too long. Thankfully it's going to snow on Saturday so that should make perfect weather for tampering with the breaker box...

The other goal is to do a 400gal water change on the display and get carbon/gfo started to pull the remaining Chloroquine Phosphate out of the display. I'm hoping by mid next week the water quality will be such that the Triggers and Queen can get out of jail. I adjusted the skimmer back up to skimming wet and am getting about 3 gallons a day of gross.

Last edited by tkeracer619; 02/09/2018 at 01:56 AM.
tkeracer619 is offline   Reply With Quote