View Single Post
Unread 04/07/2010, 05:08 PM   #5
uncleof6
Registered Member

The flow rate it will handle without problems depends on numerous variables, however 1.5" standpipes (air/water mix) show symptoms as low as ~ 320 gph-- it can vary. Problems always include noise, bubbles in the sump, and often "toilet flushing." You have not stated any problem, but I would think there is some kind of problem: there should be if you have 900 gph going through an air/water mix drain. You said you believe your pump is too strong, I disagree that it is "too strong" for the system you have. I believe it is "too much" for an air/water mix standpipe. If there is a problem, splitting the drain line will not solve it, but splitting the return line (robbing some flow) will help with the problem-- if there is one. If it is merely should I split the drain line to feed "fuge", it is better not to split an air/water mix drain for reasons above. If it ain't broke-- that just might break it.

Jim

Current Tank Info: 325 6' wide Reef
uncleof6 is offline   Reply With Quote