View Single Post
Unread 11/12/2008, 11:07 AM   #6
Boomer
Bomb Technician (EOD)

If you have a need to send in water samples for testing send them here, about the same pice as AWT and they use " real" equipement. I have a couple of guys that are going to try them but have not heard from them yet.

http://www.labaquatics.com

I still do not trust AWT and they test Calcium with a ISE probe and then throw in a fudge factor to get their value. Their result always seen to suck. Last year a reef club sent in some split sample to ENC Labs, a real seawater testing lab and AWT and the results were not good. The issue with ENC is it is ~$40 / water parameter.

Silica (SiO2-3) ....................... High..................................0.7

They always seem to show high silica on all tests. First, this is not high. We like to see it 1 ppm or lower. NSW is around 2 ppm.

I also do not buy their PO4 either. They seem to always have big issues measuring PO4, Ca++ and Silica.

Seawater Chemistry, Geology, ID Marine Life, Collecting Science Books, Explosives Technology, Audiophile

An explosion can be defined as a loud noise, accompanied by the sudden going away of things, from a place where they use to be.
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote