View Single Post
Unread 06/29/2017, 08:44 PM   #1
aj2494
Registered Member

55 Reef Setup FS in East Amherst

I'm not happy about this at all, but I have to sell my tanks. I have had these for a very long time now, but I just graduated college and my living situation has changed my plans to move the setups to Michigan. My parents were awesome enough to keep up on daily maintenance while I was gone at school, so it's pretty upsetting to sell these after all of their hard work on top of what I've done.

The reef setup is a 55 gal with a 29 gal sump. I would like to get $1500 for the entire setup. Depending on final price, I could include things like the RO/DI system, etc. The display is drilled on both sides, but the sump is not. The sump has a skimmer section, followed by a refugium section that currently has no sand in it, then two baffles and the return section. I built the stand, and it is incredibly solid. I used leveling feet for each corner that can handle more than enough weight. It currently uses curtains to enclose the stand, but I have some nice wood paneling, trim, and hardware that is all cut/stained and ready to be assembled. The heater fried the tank 2 months ago while my parents were out of town, so there's not much livestock left. Major things are a very large Red Lipstick Lobo, a Bleeding Apple Bowerbanki Acan colony (this one took a large hit from the failed heater), a bunch of scattered zoas, 30-40+ heads of Frogspawn/Hammer/Torch hybrid, and 17+ Rainbow BTA's of varying size (I've been supplying ARC with these for years). The only fish are an ORA Yellow Watchmen Goby and a female Allardi Clown.
Equipment is as follows:
  • 48" 6x54W Current Nova T5-HO
  • Jebao RW-8 Wavemaker
  • ATB 840 Skimmer with Avast Swabbie Motorized Cleaner
  • Mag 9.5 Return Pump
  • Via Aqua Heater and Hydor Controller

The other tank is a freshwater setup, but I figured I would throw it up here anyways. For this setup, I would also like to get $1500. I purchased this one from an estate sale, and it was clearly custom made along with the cabinet. This is a very nice piece of furniture by itself, incredibly well-built with tons of storage above and below the tank. After I bought it, I decided to replace the front glass, re-seal the tank and replace all the trim with aluminum instead of plastic. All the glass is 1/2" thick, and the dimensions are 48" long x 12" wide x 31" high. It calculates out to roughly 80 gal. This is set up as a Tanganyikan Cichlid tank currently.
Equipment is as follows:
  • 48" 4x54W Wave Point T5-HO
  • 3x Koralia Evo 600
  • Fluval XP M Canister Filter

There's probably a ton of stuff I'm missing here, and I have a lot of other equipment as well, like my RO/DI system and a Super Reef Octopus XP1000SSS Skimmer for example. Please don't hesitate to ask me any questions.

Thanks,

Andrew

aj2494 is offline   Reply With Quote