View Single Post
Unread 03/14/2013, 12:57 PM   #1
biecacka
Registered Member

its hip to be square....

Hello everyone!! it is with great excitement i bring this news!!! I have finally placed an order on a new tank. I have been lurking this forum and invading everyones threads posting questions regarding my "upgrade". The tank will be 48/48/24, about 240 gallons its only a little larger then my previous setup which was 220 gallons but i think i will really like the dimensions of this tank. A friend of mine has offered to build the tank as a favor to me, its not his first choice of things to do. It will be acrylic with an internal overflow.

For flow I will use 2 MP40's, but I am unfamiliar with the pumps as i love Tunze for years, but going with a eurobraced tank i want it to look as clean as possible. Not sure of the return pump yet, the tank will be softy LPS dominate so dont need a ton of flow in there. Thinking a snapper or dart will suffice.

For filtration I will have my buddy George build me a custom beckett skimmer. I used a GEO recirc skimmer on my last tank and it ROCKED!! The sump will be a 100 gallon stock tank

Lights will be 4 Nova A4 LED's. These are chinese leds that i already have 3 and getting a 4th from a friend then ill order some diodes from reef breeders to change the spectrum of all four. Not sure of the spectrum yet so im open to suggestions.

I will be building the stand.....with much help. I posted in Rockets thread in the DIY section for help on building a stand for an acrylic tank as it might be different since the bottom of the tank has to be totally supported. With the diagonal corner to corner being 6ft I plan on supporting the center of the tank as well.

The one thing that I am lucky is having a great local forum and group of guys, and much of the equipment will transfer over from my 220!! MONEY saver!!!!
I want this thread to be informational and helpful to all, a good source of information to people. I am open to suggestions and like to hear different insight.

The livestock from my tank is currently in the stock tank and most corals suffered as i had the worst case of Dinos id ever seen and it can be and was toxic to some corals. With that said, the rock is socking in bleach water now and will be dipped in acid 2morro. I will likely pick up another 40-50 lbs of dead rock to acid dip too. Then i will put them in a brute and cycle them until the tank is ready, about 4-5 weeks I think

thanks all, lets have FUN
Corey

biecacka is offline   Reply With Quote