View Single Post
Unread 12/08/2017, 08:45 PM   #43
Jdub968
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural reef View Post
Fair enough JD all good points. My hypothesis which is only a theory is that the better the water quality the less ick and crypto you will have to deal with, the ultimate goal being zero. Using a powder blue which in my opinion is always one of the harder fish to keep long term as a benchmark, if it gets a tiny bit of ick now and then but none of the other fish do, and if the powder blue can shake it off then to me it supports the theory. I don't know the op's set up but there are some filtration additions for a very low spend that can help. Then you can concentrate on building up their immune systems with good feeding. Id rather drink a warm mug of skimmate than give up the tidal system

Is the OP going to purchase LR / corals as well because the water from the LFS may well contain Ick and microscopic baddies I don't see how you can avoid it.
You have some great ideas on ick management! I would imagine the op will continue to purchase from an Lfs or online and weather it's live rock coral macro algea snails or other fish they will all have to go through a qt in order to keep the tank parasite free. Anything wet that goes in the tank goes through qt first

Jdub968 is offline   Reply With Quote