View Single Post
Unread 01/11/2018, 05:41 PM   #76
Belgian Anthias
Registered Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertoni View Post
I am not sure what your point is. Whether nitrate consumption is "optimal" or not seems irrelevant to me. We are not discussing methods of maximizing growth.

As I have said repeatedly, funding for aquarium research is effectively zero, so we likely will never get high-quality data. You are postulating that a widely-used practice that has a long track record of safety. The burden of proof is on you, in my opinion.

I wanted to point out that the growth rate when using ammonia is not maintained when using nitrate. For commercial farming this is an important issue.

Not all research is funded.
Not all research is done for commercial purposes.
A lot of research has been done for master thesis’s.
Marine aquaculture is booming business.
A lot of research is done for and in public aquaria.
There has been a lot of funded research recently on closed marine systems and its biofilters. AOA , ANAMMOX, COMAMMOX was detected due to extend research on aquarium bio systems.

All articles which are used as references in this threat are based on research on which is referred to in the article. How and why!

Managing a commercial ZMAS based on carbon dosing is only possible due to previous research. It is not on experimental base as is carbohydrate dosing in a marine aquarium on the present day.

No home aquarium is the same but bio-chemical principles in seawater are the same in all closed marine systems.

No biofilm will be exactly the same but the principles on how the bacteria connect and communicate are for all biofilm the same.

We did a lot of research to find out how and why? if you want to fund our research and support our wiki Makazi Baharini, donations are possible! Link available on demand! Our research is accessible for free.

Belgian Anthias is offline   Reply With Quote