View Single Post
Unread 02/03/2013, 01:28 AM   #6
tmz
ReefKeeping Mag staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolireef View Post
I'm tagging along on this thread because the dosing seems high. I dose a combination of vinegar and vodka at a total of 2 cc's in a 110 and have 0 nitrates, unmeasurable phosphates, and a medium bioload. In light of my readings, I don't plan to increase dosing but I am curious about how much vinegar to dose. I gather it's not even close to the 'recommended' vodka dosing in light of how high your doses are.
2ml/ccs of vodka is a very low dose in any case. but if NO3 and PO4 are low I wouldn't increase it . Typically foks settle in around .4 to .7 ml of vinegar pr gallon which is equal to .05 to .09 ml per gallon of vodka.

To figure vinegar and vodka just multiply vokda by 8 to get an approximately equal vinegar dose and divide vinegar by 8 to get an approximately equivalent vodka dose. This accounts for the dilution. Vodka is 40% ethanol,the carbon source, and 60% water. Standard white vinegar is 5% acetic acid, the carbon source, and 95% water.

Current Tank Info: Tank of the Month , November 2011 : 600gal integrated system: 3 display tanks (120 g, 90g, 89g),several frag/grow out tanks, macroalgae refugia, cryptic zones. 40+ fish, seahorses, sps,lps,leathers, zoanthidae and non photosynthetic corals.
tmz is offline   Reply With Quote