View Single Post
Unread 08/15/2018, 05:49 PM   #37
Member No. 1
Ver. 2.1

***** UPDATE 14-Aug-18 *****

Well nothing much to report, tank has been running a little over 3 months.
I've been slowing moving some of the frags that I saved from my 80 over.
Still trying to figure out the Radions. I did pick up an Apogee SQ520 Quantium Par Sensor. It is the model without the meter. It plugs into your computer via USB and you download their software to log the readings. Need to figure out what I getting for lighting intensity. Weekend project.

I never had a cycle due to the rock from my old tank was in the tub along with the new rock during the transition to the new build. I only used the new rock in the new tank. Also to my surprise, I never got diatoms, or any hair algae. Tank and rock are spotless. I even added a few more fish and (2) Maxima's. On top of that, my mated pair of Banggai Cardinalfish spawned! I was able to save (1) baby. He's doing quite nicely in my frag tank. He's a pig! He won't touch live food, but loves flake! The parents are wild caught, and won't touch flake, go figure.

This Friday, I have a package coming from Pacific East Aquaculture. This should be interesting.

The skimmer I brought for this build an ESHOPPS S-200 is working very well. However, despite the fact they state it's Ozone safe, I can't run it with this skimmer. So I've been looking at the new Avast Ozone Reactor. However after doing a bunch of research, and for about the same price, I've decided to change out my ESHOPPS Skimmer for a LifeReef SVS3-24. It's a Venturi style, and I plan on driving it with a COR20 which I already have. This will also be good, because my return is a COR20, and if it was ever to go down, I can pull the one from the skimmer. I can leave the skimmer off a few days until it's repaired or replace. Another plus with a LR Skimmer is you can use any pump you want as long as it's meet's the minimum flow of 1000gph.

Hope to have more pictures soon. Need to dust off the DSLR!

Current Tank Info: In the process - http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2661614
Member No. 1 is offline   Reply With Quote