View Single Post
Unread 09/12/2012, 04:49 PM   #66
bnumair
Dr. Reef at ur service

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLJonathan View Post
I rely on the LFS to quarantine and medicate fish so that I don't have to have a quarantine tank. I know this isn't perfect but it is a lot of work to maintain a second body of water
I hate to disagree with you. QT is in my tank in front of my eyes. LFS no matter how good they are, are in this not for fun or hobby they are in a business. As a business owner myself the first rule of business is product in product out.
LFS buy and turn around sell as fast as they can so they can pay bills.
Anyways i have traveled across States and yet to find a LFS that did a true QT like it should be. Most times i see fish fly in boxes and they open bags and medicate them with most likely prazipro and then in they go into tanks for sale.
Even a very reputable vendor (Live Aquaria) they had diver's den that claim longer and better QT measures but also advises to QT on ur own and dont take their QT practices as parasite free or 100% fail proof.

Note: i do agree that maintaining a 2nd tank is hard and some hobbyist dont have room or time or pockets deep enough to maintain two tanks but LFS QT is definitely not on my approval charts.

"Reef Fast, You Crash, Reef Slow, You Pass" Mike's Reef 3:16

Current Tank Info: 350g DT,95g sump, 50g Frag tank, 4800gph return 4x Sea swirls. 6x AI Vega Color. 200# Pukani rock, dual recirculating skimmer, Biopellet, GFO Carbon rx's, Cal rx. Closed loop. 1.5hp chiller, genesis renew. Apex & RKE

Last edited by bnumair; 09/12/2012 at 04:57 PM.
bnumair is offline   Reply With Quote