Thread: Help ID anemone
View Single Post
Unread 12/16/2017, 09:40 AM   #98
allendehl
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionN View Post
Will he be the only anemone in your tank? If he is I would send him to the DT. If he have not deflated I think he is not sick but the condition of your HT may not be optimal. Maybe he will do better in DT.
If there is a healthy Magnifica in your tank the I would make sure he is healthy befor put him in there. I am not he is 100% sure he is healthy at this time.
As of now he is the first anemone in the tank. pfan shares you opinion as to put it in the DT to see how he does.
Now I do have some procedural questions to make sure I don't screw things up at the very last minute. If you can give me some tips, It'll help me a lot

- The nem is in a big rock and as it is sitting with lights all day it had grown a considerable amount of GHA. It does have also lots of stiff stuck to it. I am afraid of bringing some of the mucus the anemone spits out and get the DT infected. Last time I tried to scrub it, even w/o touching the anemone, it when things started to go south (at least visually). What would you do?

- Pfan suggested me to put the nem as high as possible. As the nem is in the side of the rock, I'll have to get creative to make sure that happens. It is the biggest rock in the tank so it'll be tough to make it sit on its smaller side and avoid a fall over. So far she hasn't been a walker, so I am not positive she'll move to a higher place by himself if I don't put him there. I am concerned about all the manipulation it may take to get things in a stable position.

- Once in the tank, what should I pay attention to to finally confirm whether she is healthy or not?

Finally, thank you all very much for your continuous help and support!!

Current Tank Info: Red Sea Reefer 350 (72G) | Jebao DCT 4000 (1056 GPH Max) | Reef Octopus 152-S | 2 X Jebao PP8 (2100 GPH Max)
allendehl is offline   Reply With Quote