Thread: Halide Q & A
View Single Post
Unread 09/01/2009, 07:51 AM   #118
NeilFox
Registered Member

Hello All

I live in a remote part of the the world so I am greatly limited by distance and logistics. I am going with a 3m x 700mm deep x 1 metre wide tank. I can't afford to ship a full canopy so I must build my own. BTW shipping a Giesemann canopy after customs is nearly 2K US. I am going to use 5 Dynavision pulse start ballastst and I am thinking of a combination of 3 Ushio Aqualites @ 14K along with two Geisemann 12.5k's.. Lamps are light and they are reletively painless to ship, I plan on ordering double. The question I have is regarding reflectors. These are single ended lamps. No plan for supplemental actinic lighting for now, these are also correctly designated for pulse start ballasts. I don't like the idea of overdriving a 400w lamp as there have been some catastrophic failures, furthermore it seems unwise (unless I am missing something) to apply a pulse start electronic ballast to a probe start lamp? Question? What reflectors would you recommend and "Importantly" will they ship overseas?

Any input would be appreciated.

Best Regards to All

Neil

Current Tank Info: 6.25 gal Nano, 40 gal SPS
NeilFox is offline   Reply With Quote