View Single Post
Unread 08/14/2015, 09:39 AM   #105
nycreef
Registered Member

Hey JB, I tossed my Hanna meters a long time ago. I lost some corals because of false readings. I only trust the salient and use a back up f Red Sea for a positive number in case I see something just not sitting well with me. As far as po4 meters I went with a Milwaukee photometer, yes expensive but it's the best and doesn't shut off on you when it takes you longer than three minutes to dissolve the reagent.
On another note those Reefbrite LEDs are powerful as with most LEDs. I was the guinea pig for LEDs because of massive heat issues even with chillers on. I was an led aholic and couldn't pull away from them even when my acros were bleaching, browning, rtning and stning. I had a lot of money invested in to them and wanted to force my tank to make them work. Well a lot of time and money burnt literally in those long led years of my tank are coming to an end, I'll be using them for supplement dawn dusk and coral viewing fluorescence at night. I'm going back to my tried and trust never fail me 400 watt MH radiiums 20k with either Galaxy or coralvue ballasts or a mix of both. So glad I never sold them. So to end this hijack of mine on your thread JB lol I'll just say this. You made a thread of " LED's Suck Prove Me Wrong " somewhere and all I have to say is I can't prove you wrong. Your right!
Side question, why don't you have a natural gas generator, it's basically insurance for your tank and you can power certain other things in your house as well depending on the size of the generator. I'll never get caught without one of those again, the losses were greater than the generator and install.
Need to update my signature now, it should read 8 400watt MH's and 5 radion pros

Current Tank Info: 787 Gallon Sps Lps
nycreef is offline   Reply With Quote