View Single Post
Unread 12/13/2009, 09:38 PM   #11
Anemone0524
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisterlimonpot View Post
It may be the chaeto that you have. I got some from an LFS and it shrunk to nothing in about 3 months. Then I got some from a fellow reefer and it took off. I couldn't tell you why the other stuff didn't grow because I did nothing different when I got the new chaeto.
Interesting - I may have to check around for other chaeto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird69 View Post
Why is your magnesium so high? Are you running GFO?
Was battling bryopsis, and won, but am maintaining high levels for the next few weeks to fully ensure it is gone. Yes i'm running GFO. The chaeto was underperforming both before and after mag dosing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by widmer View Post
Now might not be the most tactful time, but don't those plastic bins eventually split at the corners and fail?
God i hope not. I had plans to replace it with a nice acrylic fuge...now you've made me paranoid about this again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahm View Post
I am a fan of a longer photoperiod. Try 14 or 16, or even 24/7. That being said, it may be a weak strain of chaeto. I had one type that totally fizzled, but the next glob I got grows quite well.
I may try this, although i have cyano in the fuge which will flare up with increase photoperiod. Then again, the strain of chaeto may be weak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tang Salad View Post
How often do you do water changes?

You might need to supplement iron.
About 10% every two weeks. Never considered iron before, but will consider this as last resort.

150g rimless 60x30x20, ATI Sunpower x8, 2 48" Reefbrite Blue LED, MSX 200, Vortech MP40w x 2, BRS CA/ALK Dosers, Biopellets and GFO
Anemone0524 is offline   Reply With Quote