View Single Post
Unread 05/07/2012, 06:15 AM   #17
kruserm
Registered Member

Quote:
[CONTROLLER: Hydra or Arduino] > [ DRIVER: LM3409 board ] > [ LEDs ]
Yes, I was thinking of building the controller then start working on the driver then connect the led's.

Quote:
by controller you meaning hydra or arduino 'layer', right? if you take the hydra route it'll be necessary to place an order in a PCB service the same as driver, you can buy they both together I guess.

i'm leaning toward to use the arduino board as a controller just because it is 'simple' and spend my energy on driver matters (i think it will be very hard).
Yes we would have to have the board made, there is another reefer that has few boards available and said he would sell a board for $5 shipped and $2 for each additional. BTW, the boards would be blank and there is a BOM on the hydra site for all the components we would need order then solder the components on the board.

I was originally going the arduino route as well but the hydra is fairly well documented which steered me to lean towards the hydra. It seems like the arduino would be able to handle anything you wanted to do, I need to do a little more research on the differences between the two. Hopefully someone will chime in and be able to provide some details on arduino vs hyrda. Even though they are both based on the arduino code.

Quote:
a question just occurs right now: can I use just one controller to control all the drivers or it is mandatory using one controller to one driver?
You can use one controller for many drivers.

kruserm is offline   Reply With Quote