View Single Post
Unread 11/10/2017, 06:43 AM   #276
Subsea
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timfish View Post

Tim,
I think I may be getting ill. This stuff is beginning to make sense and I am enjoying immersion into it.

Help a brother out. The beautiful Chilli Coral which I received three days ago is in shock. After the first day, I went to bed with Chilli flying all his feathers. When I woke in the morning, like a kid at Christmas, I peaked into tank with a red led flashlight. It was collateral damage. The complete rock wall with ledge for shade had fallen down on Chilli. With no external abrasions, I brushed off detritus on Chilli and remounted in a different place. After 24 hours he showed a few feathers, but not so this morning. He is covered in detritus that seems to stick to outer skin.

Because of the aggressive sand bed maintenance that is ongoing, Detritus is getting stirred up more than normal. In the case of the Sea Apple, he worked overtime to capture detritus as food. Do the feeding requirements of Chilli and Sea Apple contradict each other? Surprisingly, with all the sand bed maintenances on Jaubert Plenum, the refugium is crystal clear with no carry over of detritus. I credit that to the first chamber on this eco-system mud/macro refugium. In looking at the rocks in refugium, there is no detritus to blow off.

IMO, this might be the best hospital for Chilli.

Current Tank Info: 10,000G. Greenhouse Macro Growout
Subsea is offline   Reply With Quote