View Single Post
Unread 04/08/2009, 11:28 PM   #60
OSUALUM78
Registered Member

Re: Re: Newbie here

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael
well im not familliar with the tank, perhaps waterkeeper or the capn can comment on it, however i think a 75 gallon tank is a good size, as for stock, well id slow down there, just take your time, forget about an anemone for a long time as well, i personally think 2 or 3 small peaceful fish and a nice selection of easier to keep corals would be a nice looking tank for you and its easy to maintain especially as your a novice, just add any stock slowly and dont rush it, it can take months to get a decent amount of stock in, hope you keep us informed of the progress and nice to see you here

To Reef Central
Of course. I don't plan to have it fully stocked with what I want until at least a 1 year time frame if not more (probably more). I want a well established tank before I go into getting high care level items. Maybe I understated my experience/knowledge at first. I quantify myself as a novice b/c this is my first tank ever but I do know more than some guy off the street; and I'm sure most will tell me I'm crazy for going salt and/or salt reef for my first tank ever instead of going fresh first.

Tank = http://www.aqueonproducts.com/produc...w-overflow.htm (75 E Gallon black trim)

I'll have to reply with sump brand hopefully by next Tuesday 04/14 when my tank, stand, sump, and other set of glass top should be in. I know the model 2 was rated up to 75G and I opted for the next model up. The highest model (model 4) was for a 150G/210G setup which wouldn't fit in my stand. All the models are a 3 stage filtration sump. Once I get more specific info on the hardware I'll post up the info.

Gotta get my hardware set and get going on my rock and bed setup first, then gonna cycle the tank with some Humbugs or Dominos or some other damsel I don't like (that will be bought, used to cycle, then relinquished back to my store) then go from there.

I've got lots of local help to get me in the right direction too. But I'd rather have the most help to make sure I am doing things right for the sake of the aquatic life as well as my wallet.

Last edited by OSUALUM78; 04/08/2009 at 11:43 PM.
OSUALUM78 is offline   Reply With Quote