View Single Post
Unread 11/10/2017, 04:43 PM   #19
Buckeye Hydro
.Registered Member

Happy to if people are interested - you are - so here goes...

In answer to the original question, it seems to me that you are using a 100 gpd flow restrictor with a 75 gpd membrane - not enough restriction - allows too much water to go down the drain.

Quote:
No , but it depends on if you have a lot of large debris in the water.
A 10 " sediment filter is fine - assuming you change it as often as needed. Check the spec's on the max flow rate on your CARBON BLOCK - and compare that to your total throughput (permeate and concentrate). That's the critical prefilter issue.

Quote:
get 2 100gpd membranes, even the cheap ones off ebay work great for me.
Worry less about the price, and more about the membrane spec's, particularly factory spec pressure and rejection rate. There are lots of different membranes available and their spec's differ. Same comment re the 150 gpd membranes.

If you see a vendor where there are significant and common internal conflicts with the specs they report.... you might want to take that as a symptom of a larger situation. I'll let you connect the dots

Quote:
You found that site, but many 75gpd have a 98% rejection rate, not found in larger sizes.
Current Filmtec 75 gpd's are spec'ed at 99%. If someone is selling you 98%'ers, its not the best/newest available. We haven't sold those 98'ers in years.

Russ

Buckeye Hydro is offline   Reply With Quote