Thread: Then and NOW
View Single Post
Unread 11/15/2017, 11:39 PM   #63
Subsea
Registered Member

Share failure

I hate it when I mess up.

I am watching my Scopas Tang go thru a toxic reaction from start up of HOB with a large sponge block, Aquaclear 110. When I retired my 150G tank, I removed HOB and cleaned up inside box and sponge, I thought. No other fish is showing any signs of stress. I decided not to remove tang because this tank can process ammonia faster than the acclimation time to move.

It always ****es me off to lose life under my stewardship. This particular fish has a unique survival story. I removed Scopas from a 55G ornamental macro display tank. When Scopa was introduced to 75G Jaubert Plenum, the 5 year resident yellow tang immediately became a bully. Later that night I saw Scopas hiding in macro with clamped fins. Clamped fins on a fish are seldom a good sign. On day 2, Scopas was still hiding in macro, but he did not have clamped fins. Whenever Scopas would venture out to eat, the yellow tang would run Scopas back into his prison. The strands of red macro were his bars. Later on day 2, I watched Scopas watch yellow tang. Ambush requires patience. Yellow Tang outweighed Scopas by 40%, however Scopas was agile and patient. Like a “Flash” Scopa seized the moment with an exposed yellow flank. For two more days, yellow tang continued to harass Scopas with determined push back. That was 4 months ago. They seem to have bonded and feed together with no problems as long as Scopas allows Yellow Tang to have “charge of the tank”.

Current Tank Info: 10,000G. Greenhouse Macro Growout
Subsea is offline   Reply With Quote