View Single Post
Unread 11/16/2016, 11:02 AM   #77
sahin
Ultimate Reefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell View Post
Sahin
Looking good, I have a deltec skimmer on my frag qt tank and its great bit of kit it was on my last tank . Be good to see how your sps get on .
Bil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakie View Post
Waiting to see all your giant acro colonies! But we'll settle for a "cycle is done" update
Quote:
Originally Posted by swk View Post
Can't wait to further enjoy the progress sahin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the interest in the tank my friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seachange View Post
Hi Sahin, putting off chaeto is a good decision. With that much of siporax and matrix I think nutrient export will be just fine. Plus the messiness the chaeto will cause to your clean and minimalist looking sump....

Leave the chaeto for a proper refugium tank

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thats the idea; keeping the sump clean. I've looked at the threads of some of the Brazilian reefkeepers. Denadai comes to mind right away; Siporax and nothing else. Not even liverock or sand. And still maintained great SPS colours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milsaltnewbie07 View Post
HOLY Cow Sahin that is one Gorgeous tank man wow. If this is anything like your last , then this might just be the sexiest thing out here lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Costa View Post
Really nice......subscribed it....
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllongjk View Post
Well Sahin,

I'm glad to see you got the upgrade you've always wanted. I hope the family is doing well as well as the new additions. I love that new baby smell, until they start pooping. LOL!

Nah, you and I are in the same boat, 3 kids and trying to keep the fish tank dream going. I am trying to talk the wife into an upgrade but I honestly couldn't do one unless we moved, there just isn't enough room.

Looking great! Take your time.

Jared
Hey Jared. I'm ahead of you buddy. Our new addition (4th) was born last week; baby girl. I now have two boys and two girls.

I always thought a larger tank would = more work. Having had the 4x2 running for a few weeks, its not so bad at all. In fact Its more or less the same amount of work. Other than obviously needing to make more top off and water change water as well as the dosing solutions. But overall it doesnt seem like a chore as I thought it would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTankCorals View Post
The sense of design, style and finesse European reefers have seems to be missing here in the U.S. We have evolved into prioritizing size and quantity over elegance.
Just an observation after watching hundreds, probably thousands of tank builds on various reef sites.
Thank you for the nice comment. I guess you could say the styling is different in Europe. We tend not to have canopies etc. But I've tried to make up for lack of a much larger tank with decent aesthetics...the tank is part of the furniture and must look the part. Else the comments from the wife would never stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdemos View Post
Looking forward to your progress Sahin. Looks like you'll get sufficient nutrient export as described but don't rule out biopellets entirely yet!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've bought the Pellets and modded a reactor already so can be added at any time. However with a select fish list I think I can keep the fish load low and wont need to resort to chaeto or even pellets.

sahin is offline   Reply With Quote