View Single Post
Unread 11/04/2016, 03:47 AM   #64
sahin
Ultimate Reefer

Thanks for looking into the thread my friends.

I've added 10 Litres of Siporax into the sump now as well. I'm putting off adding a chaeto etc as things get messy in the sump. If I had a tank room I'd be putting a proper refugium tank. So the 4litres Seachem Matrix and 10litres Siporax should be plenty of filter media for my tank size and the low-med bioload I'll be having.

I'll upload a photo of the sump later. Damn Photobucket is down for maintenance currently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef83 View Post
Great New start Sahin!!!

Hope for you the best (at least same as your actual tank )

Just one question on your sump photo :

Skimmer is in the first compartment that can up and down. Don't you think your skimmer performance can be impact by this?

Stef (sorry for bad english)
Hi Stef. Your English is just fine. However you are not correct about the skimmer/sump design. The skimmer chamber water level is 100% static. Its the 2nd baffle from the left which sets the water level in the first chamber. The water level in the middle chamber is also static.

The only chamber which could fluctuate is the last chamber ie the return pump section. However the Tunze Osmolator keeps the water level here stable as long as the top off section (the last chamber on the right) has RODI water.

By the way the Deltec 1456 skimmer is working so well. Its like perfectly matched for this tank size. I recall Andrew mentioning on this thread that his Deltec skimmer pulls out waste as soon he feeds/dumps skimmate into the tank. This is exactly what happens. The skimmer chugs along and as soon as I feed the fish, the bubbles collapse for about 20 minutes and then the skimmer resumes skimming like mad. Love the skimmer.

sahin is offline   Reply With Quote