View Single Post
Unread 01/20/2004, 10:32 PM   #25
DensityMan
Registered Member

Introducing Strongbad...

Hey all! It's been a little while, so before tonights story I'll bring everyone up to speed.

- Tim is shock resistant
- Tim is not dependant on oxygen
- Tim does not need clean water
- Tim eliminated another of Kryptonite's minions (found the claw and the partial remains - not a molt), but Kryptonite's is aparently still on the loose...
- Tim has molted three more times and enjoys the occasional shrimp pellet between expensive nassarius meals.

Now for today's real update. The following story takes place across the room from Tim's tank. While that is an enormous distance for Tim, the story does impact him in the end.

~~~
So I get home from work2 and get to see the tanks lit for about 10 minutes before the lights click off. I've been trying to locate a secretive mantis from the 20lbs of new rock that went into the new 75g tank, to start the water stewing. Anyway, so I sit down in front of the tank and immediately notice something amiss...

There is a piece of LR missing from the rubble-pile:

Not only that, but there is a very clear (and relatively deep) trail leading away from the rubble pile...

more trail (it is a 48" tank after all)...

I finally spy the rock (alright... I saw the rock first, but it just doesn't make as great a story)!

If I were Sherlock Holmes, this fellow would be whatever ridiculous villain I were up against in this tale...

Dr. Ron's working diligently on an ID of the crab as we speak...

This guy has gusto, that's for sure. He's no ninja-employing, sneaky, under-handed villain like Kryptonite.

He shall be known now as Strongbad.

If he and Tim can't work out peacable arrangements, I'm certain that Tim will dispatch him with honour... *GRIN*

jjrock, Dakotareef, netjackson, etc: Tim wanted me to let you all know he continues to enjoy your adoration, but does wonder why not one of you has come by to remove the 'dishes' piled up on his doorstep...

Zoanthid collector, Monitpoa sp. afficianado, Yuma snob and fan of the Mantis family.

Former roommate of Tim the Supermantis; may he hunt in peace.
(http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266915)

Current Tank Info: building...
DensityMan is offline   Reply With Quote