View Single Post
Unread 05/06/2017, 10:31 PM   #79
benbarfield
Registered Member

holy hell I have a fish tank, kinda…

First was to pull the RODI unit tubing down so it will enter and reach the sump under the display tank. With all the soundboard in place and everything RedGarded it was time to get the tank in place. Made sure the stand was still level and got the tank in it’s resting place.

Next was to do a water test. I took the hose and connected it to my new water line in the utility room and started filling the tank. While the tank was filling I kept my level on the tank stand. After the tank was filled with tap water, an issue was noticed. There was a 1/8” bow in the center frame. The tank was level but the wood frame wasn’t making contact with the front center of the tank. A cut between the double plywood top and the 2x6 frame was made. Composite shims then were used to level up the center bow. The shims were broken off and cut flush with the framing. A quick coat of RedGard to re-seal everything and we were back on track.

While the tank settled and I waited for the RedGard to dry I went to make a frame for the sump. Remember I used 2 pieces of plywood glued together and RedGarded to act as the base of the sump. I used a piece of Trex decking to create a frame for the plywood to sit on, just in case of any leaks.

Here is the tank filled and the sump in place below it. No plumbing ended up happening today but it was still a successful day. We are getting closer. Time to start thinking hard about what fish should we get…

benbarfield is offline   Reply With Quote