View Single Post
Unread 05/30/2016, 10:39 AM   #3707
Kurt03
Registered Member

Good to hear about the n+p. My thoughts as well with it more feeding competitors and not directly affecting the Dino's.

Ahh, I'm guessing I just couldn't see the theca on most of these, being I could see theca on some ostis I was thinking the ones I didn't see theca didn't have it. I guess I could add a drop of fresh water to the slide and see if I notice more theca's

The snot brown crap on the back glass of my tank is the unknown circle things, ostis are on egg crate and in a few stringy masses. I'll try another section on RC to get an I'd on those, might help in how to fight them.

I think I'm close to doing a big syphon cleaning of the tank, then lights out a few days and start scrubbing and moving coral to the rescue tank. Need to take a few samples of the rescue tank and make sure I see lots of micro fauna.

Thinking out loud here, any thoughts on the effect koralcolor would have? A couple other threads I'm following it seems to be helping control nuisance algae (also improving sps color), not sure if it would limit Dino competitors, or possibly limit Dino's.. for example, 100ppm nitrate sps tank, that still has solid colors and no algae. My brain is having a hard time accepting 100ppm no3 without adverse affects in a reef tank.....

I think the speculated ingredient that is making a difference is manganese.

Kurt03 is offline   Reply With Quote