View Single Post
Unread 08/29/2017, 10:37 AM   #72
Clowning_Around
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ughb0y View Post
looking good!

I spray painted my pvc using the home depot stuff. It looked glossy while still wet, but looks flat when it dried. I just used it even for the parts that will go into water (just the 2 street elbows of the return output).

question on your filter sock holder. did you use acrylic or glass? can you post more detailed (close up) pics if that's not too much trouble? does the drain pipe section go all the way down to the bottom of the sump? I'm just wondering if it accumulates detritus in that section, it may be hard to reach to clean. I like that design that you can switch socks without turning off the pump.

thanks
Thanks. Ill try to get another photo or two of the feed and sock area. I use a piece of 1/2 in acrylic for the sock tray. I opted for this given the constant working with factor, the proximity of holes I desired, cutting of the holes themselves and the fact that I had spare 1/2in acrylic on hand. As for my drain pipes I have three (bean). The wmwrgency is held bout an inch above the tray so If anything comes thru it, it will be obvious. The other two are just below the tray / water surface to reduce back pressure on the siphon restart process. I havent obviously been running it long enough to state for sure about buildup but I will say I highly suspect not given the intense flow i see in this part of the sump. If it did i can unscrew the siphons union and slip the pipe out of the way and reaxh my hand inside (i sized it for such, although wish I had made it a tad bigger, the pipes are a tight fit ).

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: Custom Oak Stand | 75G FO Display | 40G Breeder Sump | MarinePure Ceramic Media Plate | Eshopps x-120 skimmer | Mag9 Return | Aqua Ultraviolet Advantage 2000+ 15w
Clowning_Around is offline   Reply With Quote