View Single Post
Unread 05/22/2007, 08:06 PM   #573
bluenassarius
retired algae slanger

Quote:
Originally posted by jimdogg187
But why should "Ed" get all the bennefits via mark-up from all the RC users? Is that fair in your opinion?

I'm not trying to start a fight here, but there are plenty of LFS owners that I would love to advertise for on RC, but they don't pay RC for sponsorship, so why should they get to bennefit from this site??

I understand that "Ed" is a nice guy. But it also seems like a lot of his friends are advertising for him on RC. And while that may be a nice thing to do for kick-backs and what not, RC users are the ones that cheated.

Until I see him as an active participant/sponsor on this forum, I just see all the hype as shameless plugging for his business.

Pretty convenient IMO.
Hey Jim,

Ed does deserve some praise for his excellent customer service. I purchased a BM200 from ReefGeek (RC Sponsor) and was having trouble with it. Ed took his time out to help me trouble shoot the problems although I did not purchase the skimmer from him. Customer service like that sticks out like a sore thumb. I'm definitely not getting a kick back nor do I think others are just from my experience with the guy. Customer service like that does need to be mentioned.

Sam

Current Tank Info: tankless, on hiatus until further notice