View Single Post
Unread 07/01/2013, 08:15 PM   #19
Selkoner
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shih87 View Post
Thanks guys.

To Chercm: I notice that you also have problem to keep Blue color (in other email thread), I have the same problem. Blue always turn to purple a bit under my light. I have been follow the instruction as below for my trace element, but so far not too success on blue color.
=======
yellow - Nitrate and Phospate needs to be low
green - Iron - overdose tends to cause darkening of tissues (KZ Iron)
blue and purple - require Potassium Iodide (KZ PIF)
red - require Potassium (not potassium iodide)
purple - require Potassium Iodide/Potassium
=======
To Selkoner: Yeap... If simply to keep tank buffer, I can run BB with a RDSB, but I really like to look & feel of sand bad. In the past, I can siphon sand during water change, but since SPS grow too big, I can't reach most area anymore. Instead, I have to use a nets to grab some sand and clean it then put it back. However, every time I do so, my PO increase from 0 to 0.04 for 24 hours. I might consider change to KZ coral sand which allow me increase water currents at tank bottom. But.... I heard KZ coral sand, due to its size, may grow coralline algae on surface, which I don't like ;-(
I have a zero edge tank and that brown film gets on both sides of the acrylic and it **** me off because Phosphates nitrates nitrates all at zero !! I think it's the hose that runs into the filter sock it's gray and kind of see threw and all I see is brown !! So I think I'm going to change it ...

Selkoner is offline   Reply With Quote