View Single Post
Unread 10/01/2017, 08:11 PM   #1535
ATATT
Registered Member

Thanks, Nico, you're a godsend!

I'm not sure I follow one item so I'd like to clarify, in reference to the "if I have more than one power supply (which I do as I have a 1200)" do you mean to:

1. first connect the round (with one small section flat) end of the cords from the Meanwel to the splitter boxl---the opposite end of the Meanwell being the prongs that go into the wall socket
2. then connect the Molex to the splitter box (this jives in my mind with your "connect the light with the splitter box" instruction). If so, I should disconnect the Molex from the splitter box before beginning? Not sure why as the cords would have been unplugged from the wall and nothing would have power (this was your first instruction) but you know 100 times more about this than I do
3. plug the prongs into the wall socket

Also, if I can retry piercing the power cable when installing the module, I assume the paste does not set up very fast?

Sorry if I am being dense...I very much appreciate your help and patience!

P.S. Re-boxed the fixture then wondered what would happen during a power failure so I set it up again. Date and time and custom light programming I had done were not saved so I thought maybe a new watch battery would be in order (what could it hurt, right). After that bit of microsurgery (and prayers to the light fixture gods that I wouldn't strip any screws), I need to locate a new battery and see if that fixes things (if an alternate solution was offered earlier in this thread I missed it). All I can say is if this is how things are going to be hardware-wise, I pray I won't need to deal with the desktop software.

Thanks, again!

ATATT is offline   Reply With Quote