View Single Post
Unread 07/13/2005, 02:28 PM   #81
rottielover
Registered Member

I agree that planning and using "rule of 1/3's" is def. the best idea, and diving using the buddy system probly should be a "must" for rec. divers.

I also think a product like this must NOT be relied upon ("it's OK that I'm at 100psi @ 120ft, cause I have this"[duh]), but I can imagine senerio's where having even 10 more breaths of air could save your butt, or someone else's. For technical diving, I would think a pony bottle would probly be a "must", but for rec. divers this looks to be the "mini pony".

Though I have to say I don't like the idea of "handing off" the bottle to an OOA diver that's probly in a panic, I can see it if that calms them down, then you get them on your octo to bring them up...(maybe), but like I said, hypotheticals are just that. I was thinking that a product like this would keep you from doing that "60ft emergancy ascent" they teach (or is it 30 ft) ...

I guess I can see both the pro's and con's of this product, it seems to me they are selling it a bit out of whack ("save yourself, bla bla") ... but like I said I can imagine senerio's where it could save the day.

At any rate, I'm not going to be buying one anytime soon, if ever, but it's nice to get opinion's on different products out there.

Are any of the safty sausages "self inflate" models? Or do they all have to be manually inflated?

Current Tank Info: Getting out of the hobby :(
rottielover is offline   Reply With Quote