View Single Post
Unread 04/21/2018, 09:25 PM   #22
incloud
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobZilla04 View Post
Are looking for a magical method? The two or three listed in this thread are easy, effective, and cheap. Doesn't get much better than that.
All I'm saying is wouldn't it be easier to not add silicates in the first place, which would be an effective way of eliminating the problem before it exists. Cheap? No such thing in this hobby and anyone concerned about cost is in for a rude awakening. My point is RO is not cutting it alone so I am looking for an additional filtration process for my water source to make silicate free water changes possible. Water changes are supposed to benefit the system and my circumstances are not beneficial. Each water change is making my glass get covered in brown algae/diatoms so obviously my water is the problem.

I understand what GFO, RO, Carbon, and Export do but I am not a water filtration expert and like the OP I am looking beyond what every forum topic on this matter points to and actually find a solution to my water conditions. My thought is I am not taking care of rock, coral, or fish for that matter. I am primarily doing all I do in this hobby to maintain water conditions. I'm speaking with the water department on Monday and will find out exactly what the issue is with my water source. When I get the answer I will post back with my solution in hopes to help someone else with difficult source water causing the case in point. Thanks for your feedback!

incloud is offline   Reply With Quote