View Single Post
Unread 11/01/2009, 11:50 AM   #19
mark728
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaguy7 View Post
The $500 efflo is one of the most challenging corals I own. I have had it 10 months and it has about doubled in size. It appears reasonably hardy in that it hasn't died. I lost some frags due to alk swings after I let my calc reactor run out of CO2 and I didn't notice it for days. My efflo didn't seem to notice but it still hasn't colored up although I can see signs of slow improvement.

I got it from Atlantis in Jan of 09 and it looked like this:

As of today it looks like this:

It is about two inches across amd 1 inch high. I have run ultra-low nutrients (Zeo) and also stopped Zeo for awhile. I didn't notice much change. I have T5 + MH. For 8 months or so I ran 250W 14K phoenix and a couple months ago upgraded to 400W 20K radium. I started dosing amino's with no apparent change. From other comments, it sounds like maybe it just takes time as well as size to color up. If anyone has ideas on how to get better color, I'd love to hear them.
Hi mine started to color up around 3 to 4in ,at 5 to 6in it gets the darker purp and blue the color under the right water cond, one of my friends was trying to get his $500 efflo to color up and to me the color just did not look right and I told him to get a turkey baster and blast off his corals and there were some afew on the efflo and his tri color and 2 other sps but most were on the efflo ,the pic you posted looks like there are bite marks on the bottom of yours but I could be wrong but give the turkey baster a try if there are any keep blasting every 3 days for 3 to 4 weeks now my friend is afew free and everything is coloring back up .

120g tech 2 X 250W Reeflux 10k, Center,400w Reeflux 20k ,GEO618,2 Vortechs/1VHO Actinic,3Ati Blue+ 54w T5,2 Fiji purp 54w T5,Octo Extreme 250 Skimmer w/purp/pinwheels,130+ lbs Marco rock,200 + lbs sand,Mag 18,Sps & Nepthea

Current Tank Info: 120g TECH SPS & GREEN LEATHERS,NEPTHEA & SINULARIA
mark728 is offline   Reply With Quote