View Single Post
Unread 01/04/2018, 04:08 PM   #6198
alcimedes
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papermonkeys View Post
Thanks so much for the tips!
I would be interested in the trap. I do have a lot of dead snails hah!
This is the thread I copied for my trap. The only difference is I skipped the string part.

I found that typically the worms are either entirely in the tube, so easy enough to remove, or I'd find them halfway in and be able to grab and remove them with tweezers.

Even using red light and moving as carefully as possible until the last second, I probably only catch 40% of the worms I try to catch unless they're in the trap. If you're lucky, they'll come back out of the live rock after a few minutes and you can get one more shot at them before they go back to hiding in the rock for a day or two.

The worms will breed in reef tanks though, so it's important to get them out as soon as you can. More than one person mentioned that the traps work best when baited with scallops, if you try something else and get no results, try scallops. They seem to work very well. (sometimes I'll find the worms eating the fish guts the nems spit out too.)

So far the largest I've pulled out of my tank was around a foot long, I've seen them as small as 2".

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=1913372

Last edited by alcimedes; 01/04/2018 at 04:16 PM.
alcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote