View Single Post
Unread 02/22/2018, 03:25 PM   #1
JDT1234
Registered Member

Why are my fish still dying - continued

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=2668020

Above are two threads I started with great advice from forum members. I want to continue but don't want to have people read through those two threads unless they want to because basically, in a nut shell, the consensus is my problems stem from overdosing 2 part, water quality and acclimation of new fish.

First thing I need to do is get my water back in shape. And this is my problem now.

As suggested by members of the forum do 4x20 gallon water changes and stop dosing. I did.

Here are my readings:

2/18- 20 gallons of new saltwater mixed tested before adding to tank: MG 1360, CA 440, KH 11.2......basically spot on what the container says it should be. Using Red Sea Coral Pro.

2/19 - Readings from the day before water change. MG 1360, CA 380, KH 7.0. Did another 20 gallon water change.

2/20 - Readings from the day before water change: MG 1360, CA 360, KH 7.0. Did another 20 gallon water change.

2/21- same as 2/19 and 2/20. Did another 20 gallon water change.

2/22 - Retested fresh batch of salt water going in. MG 1350, CA 440, AK 11.2. Spot on again. Did 20 gallon water change and waited three hours for water to circulate and mix....tested: MG 1350, CA 360, AK 6.7

This is where I am scratching my head. 80 gallons of water changed in the last four days. 145 gallons since January.

Why.....after all the water changes are my numbers still so low?

How can it be after I change out all the water, (80 over the last four days) that tested spot on from the bucket, can my water not even change one bit since I stopped dosing and basically just performed a total water transfusion on the tank.

Tested out of the new batch twice with consistent spot on results. Water tested from my tank continuously low, but consistent as well. If you notice the results they are all the same every day.

I have seen no positive change in all these water changes BUT I also have not seen the water decline as well......just stays the same. The numbers should be rising with the water changes.

The test kit is good (Red Sea). It proved itself out on the new batches (twice) of salt water. Used the same kit, same syringes for each test, used the same jars for each test. The only difference is one test was done on the fresh mix waiting to go in and the other tested from the aquarium.

Thanks,
Jeff

JDT1234 is offline   Reply With Quote