View Single Post
Unread 05/15/2017, 10:20 PM   #287
tkeracer619
Registered Member

Nothing Crazy to report but I have made some progress.

600gal is readily processing ammonia. The water is clear but the glass needs a decent cleaning. It has a lot of fines on it making the tank look cloudy.

The new QT is cycled and processing 2ppm a day of ammonia. A supplier in California is conditioning some fish for me that hopefully will be ready to ship early next week. I'll do a 90% water change 3 days prior to their arrival. I'm hoping to get these fish (butterflies and a dwarf angel) next week so that they can all be out of QT and ready to toss in the 600 by the 1st week in July. I'll put all of my fish in at night from various tanks at once to hopefully avoid crazy dominance battles. There will be 4 tanks of fish converging into one.

I put two VivaGrow 48" LED lights (Finnex Copy) on the quarantine tanks. I had hoped to avoid timers by using the built in stuff but they are way too bright. Instead, I just set them at a low intensity and put them on a timer. They seem to work well.

My coral/invert QT frag rack was too crowded so I made a bigger one with larger spacing on the CNC at work.

Since I used the BTA prop tank return pumps on the QTs I ordered 4 replacements. I also ordered 6x 50w LifeGard preset heaters and the acrylic pieces to build the filter compartments. I doubt I'll get them up this week, I really need to focus on ATO for everything before I end up in the loony bin.

Also, we got hit by that $1 billion hail storm in Colorado last week. My Jeep got hammered to the tune of $12,000

Last edited by tkeracer619; 05/15/2017 at 10:28 PM.
tkeracer619 is offline   Reply With Quote