View Single Post
Unread 02/09/2009, 06:56 PM   #98
midgetwaiter
Registered Member

This is a cool idea and I think I have a way to set it up that's pretty simple and safe. I'd appreciate everyone taking a look in case I'm missing something.

I have an ASM G-2 skimmer so I'll have to add a drain to the cup. The tank is in the basement and the drain line for the upstairs toilet is about 6 feet away so I'm going to tap into that somehow. I have a buddy who's a plumber so I will ask him how to do that properly.

I have a 10g barrel that I use to do top ups now via a Tsunami ATO and an aqualifter. Once I get the drain in I could just fire it up with SW in the top up but I'd like an automatic way to shut down the skimmer when I run out of make up water so I thought of this:

Tsunami Pump Protector

This is a Tsunami ATO with the relay wired backwards so that when the water level drops below the sensor it shuts down whatever is plugged into it. I figure that if I put the sensor in the bottom of my top off barrel and plug my skimmer pump into that there is no way for it to drain my sump unless the sensor fails.

Will that work?

midgetwaiter is offline   Reply With Quote