View Single Post
Unread 11/03/2018, 05:17 PM   #469
tkeracer619
Registered Member

BigBlueTang came over today to help me with the new fish QT setups. When I purchased them it was rainy and cold so I couldn't get them painted. Funny thing is when he got here and we got the tanks outside... it started raining and snowing

So we moved into the garage to put two layers of black paint on the tanks. Thanks dude!

We masked off the viewing panels and butted the two viewing panels together in the middle of the garage. One light coat followed by a thicker coat 45 minutes later. We used Rustolium 2x gloss black.

These tanks are not easy to get in their home but they fit and look nice when in place. I had bad luck with my last setups, mainly because I was unable to effectively clean them. This go around they are both new 75gal glass tanks. Each will have a canister filter located at the bottom of the rack for easy maintenance, a powerhead, heater, heater controller, the same LED lights the last setup used, and a bunch of PVC pipes. Once fully medicated and in observation mode they will feature an AWC system and HOB carbon filter to keep water quality at its best.

Back in place, ready to be cleaned, and filled with water!

tkeracer619 is offline   Reply With Quote