View Single Post
Unread 03/09/2007, 06:46 PM   #74
TheGrog
Registered Member

IN BUSINESS!!!!

Found my #4 at the local hobby shop.....on sale too!!! Got enough to last for about 5 years now!!!

Saw the taps at a local hardware store. Looked in 3 stores before I found them at an Ace. Cost $29 for the size I need!!! Think I can get them cheaper elsewhere??

Started cutting acrylic today!! My circle jig only goes up to 7-1/2" so I fashoned one out of a peice of plywood and mounted it to my router table. Took a few pics so I will post them later. Worked like a charm!! Got PERFECT 8" circle cuts for the top parts and the bottom. Edges nice and smooth too!

Then problems arose. When cutting out the inside of one of the top circle peices, the 1/4" router bit shattered and a peice of shrapnel imbeded itself in my shoulder!!! No major damage and nothing a little dermabond couldn't seal (yes I really am a doctor...surgical resident at that). The bad part was I am at a standstill until I get a new router bit. Good thing it is a Craftsman so I just bring it in and get a new one!!!

Well, back at it tomorrow and Sunday! I am taking plenty of pics so I will post a journal when done!

Thanks for all the help and suggestions. I am sure I will have more as time goes on!!!

Current Tank Info: 120G Reef with Ecotech Radion LEDs, 2xMP40
TheGrog is offline   Reply With Quote