View Single Post
Unread 04/20/2014, 02:54 PM   #1257
sahin
Ultimate Reefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrid Dan View Post
Thanks Sahin,
I have a bank of six outlets installed on their own circuit under the tank stand. It seems that any outlet on that circuit causes the problem. The light turns off if I connect via an extension cord to another part of the house.
This sure goofs up all my electrical planning. I guess I'll have to figure out how to run another cable to the tank or find some kind of filter.
So when connected to another part of the house without an extension cable it doesnt exhibit the issue? Just want to confirm that so if anyone else comes across this issue, at least we know for sure. This will also tell you if the light fixture is at fault or not.

If it doesnt have any issues when connected directly to a socket by itself on another part of the house, then you can safely assume there is no issues with your light unit. I would also get an electrician to check out your circuit for under the tank.

I would also put the light on another part of the house and connect it with a GFCI protector. This will show if there is any electrical leakage with the ATI unit.

Also, are you in Europe or USA?

sahin is offline   Reply With Quote